Your Prophet’s (SAW) Invitation Card – Have You Passed On His Message?
Deadline: 7th Oct 2008
UPDATE: PROJECT COMPLETED 7TH OCTOBER 2008 – ALL FUNDS RAISED, ALHAMDULILLAH!
To help raise money towards printing dawah material for non-Muslims. Currently IslamBradford has a book at the publishers produced by themselves entitled: ‘What Is Islam?’. The publisher originally was to print the book for free as it had only been 5 pages, however, after revising and expanding the whole booklet it ended up as 17 pages and the publisher will now have to charge for the project.
1,000 copies – £788 (1,464.60 USD)
2,000 copies – £907 (1,685.32 USD)
Approx 78p (1.45 USD) per booklet
Please donate towards a Dawah Booklet today..if you can’t donate please contribute by passing on this invitation to those you know!
The more money we raise…..
The more booklets we can inshAllah produce and distribute to Non-Muslims.
Don’t miss out on the rewards.. JazakumAllahu khairan!
Please comment to motivate others:
Contents of the Booklet:
The booklet consists of two chapters, ‘What is the purpose of your life?’ and ‘What is Islam?’
After printing of the booklet, it will InshaAllah be distributed to non-Muslims around throughout several cities around the region of Yorkshire.
Below is a short extract from the booklet which should you give you a better understanding InshaAllah of the theme and contents of the book:
“What then is the basic theme of this amazing authentic book; the Qur’an?
It is the supreme Oneness of Allah including His Names, Attributes, the relationship between the Almighty and His creatures and how man should maintain that relationship. It tells us about the continuity of the Prophets and Messengers, their lives, their messages and their overall mission and it insists upon the following of the final and universal example of Muhammad, the seal of the Prophets and Messengers.
It reminds human beings of the shortness of this life and calls them towards the eternity of the next life. After you die and you leave this earth you are going somewhere whether you accept it not. You are responsible because you have been told even if you have rejected the message, because the aim of this life is not for you to sit around and do nothing and have no effect. Every cause has an effect and you came into this life for a cause and a purpose, therefore it must have an effect.”
IslamBradford is an UK Islamic Dawah Organisation and registered charity (no. 1105942) established in January 2004.
We (IslamBradford) strive to follow the methodology of following the Qur’an & Sunnah, based upon the understanding of the pious predecessors. IslamBradford is committed to co-operating with other organisations and is open to all, and have the following aims:
- To invite Muslims back to the true teachings of the Qur’an and Sunnah (the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad [peace be upon him]) in both beliefs and practices;
- To invite to and educate non-Muslims about the true teachings of Islam;
- To engage and contribute to the community in which we live.
IslamBradford strive to organise monthly events where well known shayookh and speakers are invited to give lectures to our community, naming afew: Bilal Philips, Yasir Qadhi, Imam Anwar Awlaki, Tawfique Choudhury, Haitham al-Hadad, Murtaza Khan, Salim Al Amry and more. Alhamdulillah.
InshaAllah you can watch many of IslamBradford events here in audio and video format: http://www.islamictube.net/user/3365/videos/public
Friday Khutbah in English
Well over fifty khutbas have been delivered in English at the IslamBradford Centre since its inception. The response has been tremendous. There has been an attempt to balance both traditional and contemporary content. The Friday sermon is IslamBradford’s flagship programme attracting at times in excess of two hundred people from all genders, backgrounds and walks of life. Khateebs at IB are carefully selected for their adherence to the teachings of the Qur’an and Sunnah and ability to convey the message of Islam in a relevant and lively way in native English. One brother recently commented that not only are the khutbas at IB probably the best in Bradford but also are probably the best in the UK!
“I advise you to go to the centre and attend the Friday khutba and prayer also: it is a very good environment that has made me feel at ease and energised to be a great Muslim. I go to the centre several times in the average week. I believe that you, too, will not regret going, and Allah will be pleased with that”– Abdul Majid Isa [Bradford]
IB also give Khutba Training Seminars (click here).
IB Being Active
IB plays an active part enganging with non-Muslims and Muslims within our community, listing a few of their participations:
- Ramadan Program – Communal iftaars with short reminder before, Tarawih, Qiyamul Layl, Zakatul Fitr collection, and Eid Prayer
- IslamBradford Madrassa
- Various Regular IB classes – Tajweed, Tawheed, Tasfir, Hadith
- Sunday Little Companions – a mothers and toddlers group running for three years
- Helping Japan Madrasah
- IslamBradford visits St. Philips Primary School
- IslamBradford Supports the Kurdish Community
- Bert DeVroey, a journalist from the Belgium Public Radio, visited the IslamBradford Centre as part of a nine day fact finding tour about the Muslim community in Bradford.After attending the Friday sermon at the centre, Mr DeVroey interviewed several members of the IslamBradford management team and expressed his great surprise at what he had observed
- Funday Events, the sisters at IslamBradford hold annual FunDays for women and children. Alhamdulillah, with the help of Allah, raising thousands for the New Islambradford Centre Appeal
- IslamBradford participated in the launch of the Bradford Supplementary Schools Network. The event was attended by a large number of organisations representing schools, mosques and Islamic centres from all over Bradford.
- IslamBradford participated in a second training session in conjunction with the Bradford District Care Trust, NHS. The subject of the training was the use of the Noble Qur’an in curing.
- IB were kindly invited to deliver a general introduction to Islam to the sixth form at Ackworth School, Pontefract.
- IB opening its doors to a range of senior managers from NHS Mental health Services in Bradford seeking to learn about Muslim communities and their sensitivities in accessing healthcare. The NHS managers found the opportunity genuinely useful and this can be appreciated by some of the comments made: “This was a great opportunity to learn about Muslim communities in a relaxed and informal environment” and “I felt I could ask questions, I wouldn’t dare to ask usually”.
- IB hold ‘drop-in surgeries’ to offer an opportunity for non Muslims to find out more about Islam and also for Muslims to seek Islamic advice/counselling.
- The IslamBradford hold Islamic Libraries Exhibition within the UK (Ilkley, Baildon). This project has been a great success, now operational for more than two years. The exhibition has attracted great interest from the public due to the continual interest in Islam and Muslims in the media.
Below are afew of the new shahada’s taken at IB
- Stephen Prince from Leeds visited the IslamBradford Centre and declared his shahadah (testimony of faith).
- Billy Kneewshaw took his testimony of faith (shahadah) at the IslamBradford Centre. Billy had been working with Brother Abu Bakr Qasim (who incidentally was one of the Imams at the IslamBradford Centre in Ramadan) and had taken the opportunity to learn more about Islam. His journey was typical of that of many of those guided to the light of Islam. Alongside mixing with practising Muslims he started to study a translation of the Quran.
- Alhamdulillah, by the Grace of Allah another sister has just accepted Islam as her way of life. Sister Saylan Quan, originally from Vietnam, took the Shahadah on Friday just before the Jumuah prayer. Saylan, a student at Manchester Metropolitan University, with family in Bradford, had been interested in Islam since she was 16 years old. However, it was only until last October that she started to seriously study Islam and began attending the sisters classes on Sundays at IslamBradford.
- On Eid ul Adha, Sister Vicky McNulty took her shahadah prior to the Eid salah so that she could join her fellow Muslims in worship. She was very emotional and commented afterwards that she felt a great weight had been lifted from her shoulders’. Sister Fran Littlewood accepted Islam on Sunday 6th Jan 2008.
- Brother Nick, Sister Heidi and Sister Elaine, all of who Alhamdullilah accepted Islam at the IslamBradford Centre during Ramadan, 2007.
- At the end of Yusef Estes’s lecture at IB, Brother Steven Cross pronounced the testimony of faith, firstly in English and then in Arabic.. the Shaikh and many in the audience were reduced to tears as.
- “I took my Shahada [after Jumuah prayers at the IslamBradford Centre in front of more than two hundred people] and embraced Islam as my way of life. With the blessings of Allah, I intend to take an active part in spreading Dawah within my community.” – John McGhie
- By giving basic Dawah, meeting on the streets and speaking to others about Islam, Brother Vladimir of Slovak origin gave Shahadah
- Alhamdullillah, two sisters took their Shahadah (Declaration of Faith) at the ‘New Muslim Sisters Gathering’ at IB
We ask everyone to remember us in their prayers and for Allah to bless us and allow us to continue striving in spreading the true message of Islam.
The Messenger of Allah (S) said: ‘Whoever gives the amount of a date in Sadaqah (charity) from good halal earnings – and know that Allah does not accept but that which is good, Allah will accept it with His Right Hand and will nurture the Sadaqah for its giver as you nurture your young colts, until the Sadaqah becomes like the Mount of Uhud.’ [Hadeeth, Bukhaari and Muslim]
May Allah accept your Sadaqah and make it grow the size of Mountain Uhud, Ameen.